We are recruiting to homes in Shropshire and North Wales.
Salary: £15,506 – £19,892 dependent on qualification and experience plus an allowance of £28 per sleep-in, and overtime paid at time and a third.
For 30 years, we’ve been transforming the lives of looked-after children with the most complex needs. Our integrated approach to care, education, and therapy brings about consistently successful outcomes.
We are expanding our team of care/support workers.
We are looking for care assistants and support workers with high integrity, professionalism and aspirations towards excellence to join our team of care practitioners, supporting children and young people in small homes in Shropshire and North Wales.
- Highly competitive salary £15,506 – £19,892 dependent on qualification and experience plus allowance of £28 per sleep-in and overtime paid at time and a third
- An excellent induction programme with training and ongoing support
- Funded opportunities for CPD including access to the Therapeutic Foundation Degree through Glyndwr University
- In service access to a clinical psychologist and psychotherapists to support and inform your practice
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Employee assistance programme including counselling, fitness advice and personal coaching on health, stress and relationship issues
- Regular professional supervision and team support meetings
- Additional sick pay scheme
- Occupational health support
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted legal advice
- Death in service benefit
What we want:
- Ideally, some understanding of working as a support worker with children and young people with multiple complex needs including autism, learning difficulties, deep-rooted trauma, child sexual exploitation, sexually harmful behaviour and school refusal
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Hold or be willing to work towards an NVQ3/Level 3 in Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
- Full driving licence and own transport
In addition, you need to be committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people, enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges, assertive in difficult situations and have great interpersonal skills.
Above all else, you need to be an excellent role model.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Bryn Melyn Care is an equal opportunities employer.
If you’re passionate about making a difference to someone’s life and want a rewarding career, APPLY TODAY!
For an application form, please download a copy from our careers homepage along with the core values sheet, or contact our head office by phone or email and return completed, by post, to Bryn Melyn Care, Edward James House, Hadley Park East, Telford TF1 6QJ.Click here to apply