£9.00 - £10.50 Per Hour Generous Annual Leave, Occupational Sick Pay, Pension, Healthcare Scheme
We are now hiring for experienced Cooks to join our team at our brand new school, Overton School, in Ludlow.
We are ideally looking for an individual who can join us in January/February 2019
At BMC we have over 30 years of expertise and work with leading professionals in the industry to equip our staff with the knowledge and skills required to transform the lives of vulnerable children and young people. At Overton School we will be providing specialist residential and educational placements to children and young people between 10-18 who have an Autism diagnosis, and we are looking for experience cooks to work with us throughout the week to assist us in providing a healthy, balanced and delicious menu for the children within our care.
Catering for up to 15 residential pupils and an equal number of day pupils you will provide up to 3 meals per day, working with your team to appropriately design a menu and ensure adequate supplies to meet you plan within agreed budgets.
To apply for this job you will need:
- Hold a Food Hygiene Certificate
- Have experience of catering to large groups of people
- Have the flexibility to work alongside other cooks to ensure that adequate support is offered to provide meals over a 7 day per week period.
This is an exciting role within the organisation and in return for your efforts; the organisation can offer you;
- The opportunity to be part of one of the top 50 fastest growing organisations
- Generous bonus scheme based on the achievement of KPI’s
- Industry leading residential care training
- Enhanced annual leave allowances aligned to length of service
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Many more benefits such as a discounted gym memberships
The nature of this role dictates that the post holder will be subject to an enhanced + barred DBS check. Please note that holding a positive disclosure may not automatically Barr you from working with the organisation however, a full risk assessment will be complete prior to making a recruitment decision.