£8.21 - £8.93 Per Hour
Residential Specialist (Children and Young People with Behavioural/Learning Difficulties)
Salary: £8.21 – £8.93 per hour
+ £67.50 per sleep-in on site (1 – 2 per month)
Bryn Melyn Care is developing services in care and education for children and young people with a range of learning difficulties. We have a 8 bedded home in Market Drayton providing care for children and young people aged 8 – 18 years old, with learning difficulties, complex and challenging behaviours with associated diagnosis such as ADHD.
As a Support Worker you will work closely with our young people to ensure they are being provided support and a good quality of life with positive outcomes.
We are looking for people who are:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people.
- Able to enjoy our young people’s successes and be supportive through their challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations, while remaining calm under pressure
- A good communicator with interpersonal skills.
- Have a sense of humour and fun
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work shifts across multiple sites where needed
You do not have to be qualified to apply for this role, as we will provide you with all the skills and training you require to be successful. However after the 6 month probation, you will be expected to commence studying towards a Level 3 NVQ in Residential Childcare.
If you join us with a Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children & Young People) or Residential Childcare, you will receive a huge £1000 welcome bonus. You will receive £250 after the completion of induction, £250 once you have passed your probationary period and the remaining £500 on your 12 month anniversary.
This is a permanent role with full time opportunities on a variety of shift patterns
However we require an element of flexibility as everything we do is focussed on the children and young people in our care.
- Competitive salary from £8.21 – £8.93 per hour increasing with qualifications
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Insurance (after 12 months)
- In-house L&D team offering free ongoing training and support up to Foundation Degree level and beyond
- 2 week intensive induction and training in PRICE, PACE, Emergency First Aid etc.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
- Money saving initiatives on cars and breakdown cover
ABOUT BRYN MELYN CARE:
Bryn Melyn Care (BMC) is a leading provider of therapeutic, residential care, independent education and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs. We deliver a portfolio of specialist service for young people ages 8 – 18+, from crisis and assessment placement, through to long-term placement and preparation for independent living.
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
All applicants are required to complete an application form prior to attending interview, as part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment. In addition successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for) and maintain a DBS update membership (again which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required and comprehensive background checks completed.
Please note having a positive DBS disclosure may not automatically bar you from working with our organisation, however, a full risk assessment will be conducted prior to making a decision on the suitability to work with our young people.
Bryn Melyn Care is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.