£8.99 - £9.15 Per Hour Generous Annual Leave, Occupational Sick Pay, Pension, Healthcare Scheme
Team Leaders at The Derwen School
Salary: £8.99 – £9.15 depending on your experience.
We are recruiting for Team Leaders to join our newly established Ofsted approved school, catering for up to 30 children.
At BMC we have over 30 years of expertise and work with leading professionals in the industry to equip our staff with the knowledge and skills required to transform the lives of vulnerable children and young people. At The Derwen School we will be providing specialist residential and educational placements to children and young people between 10-18 who have learning difficulties.
You need to hold a relevant level 3 qualification and be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Hold a high level of experience of working with children with learning difficulties
To apply for the role, you will require:
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work shifts (based on a 40 hour week)
This is a permanent, full time role with the opportunity to further develop professional knowledge and progress through our senior/management scales.
We are an employer of choice in our field; here are a few of the reasons why:
- Named within the top 50 fastest growing organisations within Shropshire in the 2017 edition of the Shropshire Growth Barometer by lead accountancy firm, BDO.
- Royal recognition for our Clinical Lead for her contribution to mental health and invited to attend a Buckingham Palace Reception in the presence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
- We have just been awarded a further two 'Outstanding' ratings by Ofsted to join our other 'Outstanding' homes. All of our homes are either outstanding or Good.
- A culture of excellence with an open and transparent management culture
- Highly competitive salary scales, and reward schemes.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour confidential support. Counselling, advice and assistance service.
- Excellent professional training, not just the basics but on-going skills development that is recognised as industry-leading within the social care sector.
- Opportunities to join our Management Development Programme.
- Regular professional supervision and team support meetings.
- Clinical support and consultation to our teams.
- Career development and progression.
Successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for) and maintain a DBS update membership (again which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required and comprehensive background checks completed.
Please note having a positive DBS disclosure may not automatically bar you from working with our organisation, however, a full risk assessment will be conducted prior to making a decision on the suitability to work with our young people.
Bryn Melyn Care is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
For more information please click the link below to download the job description and person specification.