£15352.00 - £19695.00 Per Annum Generous Annual Leave, Occupational Sick Pay, Pension, Healthcare Sc
Waking Nights Care Worker/Practitioner – Shropshire and North Wales Residential Homes
Salary – £15,352 – £19,695 dependent on experience and qualification level
*** New and Exciting opportunities within Bryn Melyn Care ***
BMC are developing a range of services for children and young people with Learning disabilities. these developments will see a new residential school and care service opening in the very near future.
We are seeking Residential Waking Nights Support Workers to join our growing organisation, at our newly established school in Oswestry, The Derwen School
We don’t want you to join us for just a job; we want you to join us to start your career! We will work with you to develop both formal qualifications and practical skills to complete your role and develop into the role above you.
No experience is necessary as we will help you develop and will work with you to obtain your qualifications however there are a few things that you need to be:
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people.
- Prepared to working during the night
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- Hold a Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work shifts across multiple sites where needed
This is a permanent, full-time nights role with expected working hours of 10:30pm to 10:30am. The salary range exceeds industry standards and starts at £15,352 per annum with the opportunity to further develop your professional knowledge and progress through our salary scales.
In addition, if you join us now and hold a Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Children & Young People) and you will receive a huge £1000 welcome bonus. You will receive £250 after the completion of induction, £250 once you have passed your probationary period and the remaining £500 on your 12 month anniversary.
We are an employer of choice in our field; here are a few of the reasons why:
- Named within the top 50 fastest growing organisations within Shropshire in the 2017 edition of the Shropshire Growth Barometer by lead accountancy firm, BDO.
- We have just been awarded a further two 'Outstanding' ratings by Ofsted to join our other 'Outstanding' homes. All of our homes are either Outstanding or Good.
- A culture of excellence with an open and transparent management culture
- Highly competitive salary scales, and reward schemes.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour confidential support. Counselling, advice and assistance service.
- Opportunities to join our Management Development Programme.
- Regular professional supervision and team support meetings.
- Clinical support and consultation to our teams.
Successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for) and maintain a DBS update membership (again which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required and comprehensive background checks completed.
Please note having a positive DBS disclosure may not automatically bar you from working with our organisation, however, a full risk assessment will be conducted prior to making a decision on the suitability to work with our young people.
Bryn Melyn Care is proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
A full Job Description and Personal Specification can be accessed via the below link: