Improving the quality of life for young people requiring support with mental health difficulties.
We offer personalised integrated therapeutic care to young people requiring a step down service following a period of admission to Tier 4 services.
We provide specialist mental health care for young people on their road to recovery set in a small home environment within the local community.
A Multi-Disciplinary Approach
- Dedicated in-house clinical team of Practitioner Psychologists, Assistant Psychologists and Psychotherapists.
- Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist.*
- Access to a wider MDT with specialist skills and qualifications in speech and language therapy, specialist psychiatric nurses, educational psychology, cognitive and behavioural psychotherapy, parenting practioners.*
- Attachment focused therapeutic parenting.
- A full DBT service offering, skills training, individual therapy and care practitioners trained in supporting DBT skills.
- Therapeutic approaches to attachment and trauma including brain based self-soothing strategies, emotional regulation, mindfulness, problem solving and daily living skills.
- A range of additional evidence based therapies.
- Emphasis on providing a secure base, building self-esteem, supportive and nurturing relationships and resiliency.
- A robust risk assessment and dynamic risk monitoring framework.
- 1:1 young person to care practitioner ratio.
- Waking night care practitioner.
Our bespoke Quality of Life Plan is an integrated care planning approach which is individualised to every young person. Together with the care and treatment plan we develop a plan which is aimed at joint working practice, recovery and demonstrating progress.
We are dedicated to providing mental health care which is meaningful, thoughtful and effective. With a focus on recovery and the strengths of young people we support them to develop a life worth living and an inner confidence. We ensure that the care we provide is rooted in an evidence base and place the young person at the heart of our practice.
* Bryn Melyn Care are proud to have a working partnership with Cme in the Community, a community interest company offering mental health services for young people.
For more information visit: www.cmecic.org
- A calm, relaxed, small home environment
- Shared lounge room
- Separate dining area
- Quiet/relaxation room
- Safe outside garden
- Individualised bedrooms
- Situated in an environment to promote recovery
Individualised Care Planning
- Tailored education package
- Support with further education in the local community
- Tailored therapeutic and psychiatric care
- Quality of life care planning approach
- Evidence based clinical outcomes
Specialised Care Teams
- Experienced managers and leaders
- Care practitioners with specialist training in mental health care
- Staff self-care programme